The Catholic Institute of Education supports poor Catholic schools in South Africa who have many desperate needs. We strive to give every child in our schools the education they deserve. The CIE ensures that the rich legacy of Catholic education thrives through:
- creating caring schools, where our children can thrive
- forming the values of young people and reducing the impact of AIDS, by integrating religious, values and HIV/AIDS education into the curriculum
- improving primary school levels of literacy and numeracy
- lobbying the government to improve education legislation and conditions in schools
- helping orphans and vulnerable children to receive an education
- and much more
You can help us do our valuable work - by donating here and by sharing news, pictures, stories, links and any information that will help us to improve the education of children in our schools.
You can also contact us if you would like to find out about schools in your area needing volunteers.